Droplet is committed to ensuring the safety and security of our customers. We aim to foster an open
partnership with the security community, and we recognize that the work the community does is
important in continuing to ensure safety and security for all of our customers. We have developed this
policy to both reflect our corporate values and to uphold our legal responsibility to good-faith
security researchers that are providing us with their expertise.
Reporting security issues
If you believe you have discovered a vulnerability in a Droplet product or have a security incident to
report, please send an email describing your discovery to firstname.lastname@example.org.
What we would like to see from you
- Well-written reports in English will have a higher probability of resolution.
- Reports that include proof-of-concept code equip us to better triage.
- Reports that include only crash dumps or other automated tool output may receive lower priority.
- Reports that include products not on the initial scope list may receive lower priority.
- Please include how you found the bug, the impact, and any potential remediation.
- Please include any plans or intentions for public disclosure.
What to expect from Droplet
- A timely response to your email (within 3 business days).
- After triage, we will send an expected timeline, and commit to being as transparent as possible
about the remediation timeline as well as on issues or challenges that may extend it.
- An open dialog to discuss issues.
- Notification when the vulnerability analysis has completed each stage of our review.
- Credit after the vulnerability has been validated and fixed.
As always, we reserve the right to bring timelines forwards or backwards based on extreme
circumstances. If we are unable to resolve communication issues or other problems, Droplet may bring
in a neutral third party to assist in determining how best to handle the vulnerability.